Saturday, December 28, 2013

Baby Elephant Walk



I love giving had made gifts!  I have been invited to a couple baby showers this winter so I have been working on ideas for baby quilts.  Using the Elephant quilt block I found here I made this baby quilt for a nephew and his wife who are expecting their first child. I needed it to be gender neutral and I think this fits the bill.  Kind of a modern edge on the standard 9 patch quilt with the bright border.  I used cotton quilt batting and the geometric print for the back side.  I like the softness of cotton batting and the way the quilt looks after a few washings.  Such a classic batting.  I quilted this little quilt using my walking foot making squares in each block and multiple lines along the border.  I stitched around the elephant using a quarter inch seam allowance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment